Scientific Statements Committee
The committee is responsible for suggesting topics and adjudicating proposals before submission to the NLA Board of Directors for approval. The committee will assemble the appropriate writing groups. Participants on the committee may be appropriate participants for a certain writing group, but the committee will not make up the writing group for approved topics.
The Scientific Statements Committee will serve as the primary committee for the management of statements that are to be drafted by the National Lipid Association (NLA). The committee will review statement proposals, identify writers and reviewers, and, if applicable, coordinate publication of the statement.
The Committee Shall:
- Select topics for scientific statements through proposals submitted by individual members, NLA committees, and leadership;
- Define and maintain a rigorous methodological approach to document development;
- Select top experts on subject matter of document to serve as steering committee members and authors;
- Coordinate peer and Board review and approval processes; and
- Coordinate document publication in the Journal of Clinical Lipidology, if applicable.
One(1) year with optional renewal for additional terms. There shall be no term limit.
This page was last updated: Jun 17, 2019