Merle Myerson MD, EdD, FACC, FNLA
Robert Wild MD, PhD, MPH, FNLA, Eliot Briton MD, FAHA, FNLA.
- in-person twice a year at NLA Sessions -- June and September
- Web meetings – December, March
Women’s Health Group (WHG) focuses on issues of relevance to women in the prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD), in particular, clinical management of dyslipidemia, obesity, and cardiometabolic abnormalities. Cardiovascular disease remains the leading cause of morbidity and mortality in women and the WHG addresses the considerable unmet need for optimal ASCVD prevention in women by promoting clinically-relevant research, education and clinical implementation of best-practices in this field. The WHG is multi-disciplinary and includes primary care physicians and those specializing in cardiology, endocrinology, and obstetrics-gynecology along with nurses, nutritionists, clinical pharmacists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, doctoral-level scientists, and trainees at all levels from related disciplines.
Areas of interest in the WHG include
- Cardiometabolic syndrome including metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and diabetes
- Overweight and obesity across the lifespan
- Reproductive health including contraception, pregnancy, and breast feeding
- Menopause and issues with hormone replacement therapy
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver (NASH)
- Gender reassignment as it relates to lipids
- Auto-immune and inflammatory disorders and impact on ASCVD risk.
- Patient Information and educational material through “Tear Sheets” and other web-based material
- Proposals for sessions at NLA Scientific meetings
- Review articles for Journal of Clinical Lipidology or other publications
- Collaboration with other NLA committees and working groups
- Proposals for activities are welcome
- Other items?
The Women’s Health Group welcomes all NLA-members to join and participate in activities as time and interest allow. If you would like to join this work group, please contact NLA Staff. Please include:
- Name and Title(s)
- Email (not shared, for communications only)
- Areas of interest
This page was last updated: Jun 23, 2023