NLA and Chapter Board Nominations
Thank you for your interest in nominating an NLA member for a leadership position in the NLA or one of its five Chapter Boards (Midwest Lipid Association, Northeast Lipid Association, Pacific Lipid Association, Southeast Lipid Association, Southwest Lipid Association). The NLA is seeking nominees for the following positions:
Deadline to submit nominations is FEBRUARY 24.
Criteria for Nominees
The NLA Nominating Committee has set the following criteria for nominees:
- To formally nominate a member for service on the NLA or Chapter Board, the following items must be submitted at the time of nominations:
- a. Nominee's CV
- b. At least one letter of recommendation from an NLA member (two are preferred)
- c. Nominee’s financial disclosure
- The letter of recommendation must include information about:
- a. The nominator's knowledge of, and interaction with, the nominee
- b. A review of the nominee's involvement in the NLA
- c. A recommendation based on the nominee's ability to contribute and lead effectively as a steward of the organization.
- A nominee may submit the required documents on behalf of the nominator(s)
- a. It is recommended that nominees submit a personal statement regarding their interest in the NLA, areas they have served in the NLA, areas of interest for assignment if placed on the Board, and current licensure status.
- Nominees for the NLA Board or Chapter Officer positions must have served on a chapter or a committee (not required for Chapter Board Member-at-Large).
To submit a nomination, please login to the website and click on the appopriate link:
*You must be logged in to the website in order to submit a nomination. If you are not logged in, please use your credentials to log in at the top of the page.
Nominating Committee Guidelines
- Members of the Nominating Committee are not eligible to be nominated.
- The Nominating Committee may consult with any NLA member or the Executive Director but only members of the Nominating Committee can vote on the nominations. The Nominating Committee will be staffed by one NLA staff member – either the policy coordinator or the NLA General Counsel, who will serve an administrative role.
- Decisions are final and discussions are confidential.
- These rules, processes and deadlines will be used by the Chapter Board Nominating Committees for consistency and to avoid confusion.
- The Nominating Committee will consider nominees using a variety of criteria including: commitment/service to the NLA, relevant knowledge, work experience, current work in lipidology, leadership and volunteer experience, potential conflicts of interest, length of membership, FNLA or Diplomate status, demeanor, communication skills, ability to lead, support of the NLA Foundation and other factors the Nominating Committee deems important.
- In selecting nominees, the Nominating Committee will also consider: maintaining balance on the Board by discipline, geography, and diversity; term limits; remaining slots. The Nominating Committee will also try to recruit someone currently enrolled in a training program as a board member.
- Nominees who are elected will be expected to attend the New Board Orientation on Saturday, May 3, 2014.
The Nominating Committee will ensure that members have ample awareness and opportunity to nominate their peers. Members will be given at least 30 days to complete nominations and nominations will be due at least 60 days before the Annual Meeting. However, the Nominating Committee will aim to give members 45 days to complete.
The Nominating Committee will notify members via:
- Emails to board members whose terms are ending but who are qualified to continue on the Board for another term or serve as an officer
- Leadership Link email – sent to all NLA and Chapter Board members
- @lipid email – sent to all members
- Web site
- Print – LipidSpin and JCL (if possible).
If you have questions about the Nomination process, please contact Ryan Essegian or call (904) 309-6226.