The Communications Committee oversees all major publications of the NLA including the Journal of Clinical Lipidology, the Lipid Spin and www.lipid.org by suggesting, developing and reviewing all content for message consistency with the Mission and goals of the NLA. The Committee also provides guidance and recommendations on public awareness campaigns and media interactions.
Structure: The Communications Committee shall be a standing committee of the NLA consisting of one (1) chairperson from the NLA Board of Directors, the editor(s)-in-chief of the Journal of Clinical Lipidology, the editor(s)-in-chief of the Lipid Spin, the host of the Lipid Luminations radio program, one (1) representative for the www.lipid.org website, and one (1) representative for public relations/media relations.
Term: The editor(s)-in-chief of the Journal of Clinical Lipidology, the editor(s)-in-chief of the Lipid Spin, and the host of the Lipid Luminations radio program term shall coincide with their service to their respective NLA publication and/or show. Two (2) years with optional renewal for additional terms for at-large Committee members.
- Provide an accurate and comprehensive summary of scientific and educational materials presented at the Annual Meetings of the NLA and each Regional chapter for publication in NLA publications and/or a specific journal (printed and/or electronic);
- Consider and appropriately review for scientific content and clarity additional articles as they are developed by individual members of the NLA;
- Develop an annual publication plan and communications strategy to effectively convey timely news and science to the NLA membership;
- Develop a budget and funding sources for the publications in conjunction with the NLA Board of Directors, Executive Director, and NLA staff;
- Develop and maintain standards for proposed advertisements or other commercial materials offered for inclusion in NLA publications.
*Note: The NLA Board of Directors no longer permits advertising in the Lipid Spin.
Staff Liaison: Judi Spann/Emily Parker