Start Earning Today
We want our members to participate in our programs, give us feedback, and be part of the interaction that helps shape the organization. Now we are providing more incentive!
Listed below are the ways to earn Lipid Bucks (LBs) in the updated Membership Rewards Program. Earning Lipid Bucks is immediate in most cases and you can check your balance anytime by logging into your account.
|Earn Lipid Bucks||Redeem Lipid Bucks|
Earn a percentage of your purchase back in LBs for many transactions with the NLA*.
Paying dues on time (before December 31 of the preceding year) - 10%
Attending an NLA regional meeting - 10%
Attending the NLA Annual Meeting - 5%
Purchasing an NLA-SAP Volume - 7%
Attending an Masters Course - 5%
Attending an Lipid Management Course - 5%
Voluntary Service earns Bucks too!
Return educational/practice survey: $10 LB
Refer a new member: $10 LB
And much more!
Earned LBs can be redeemed dollar-for-dollar for many NLA transactions*.
LBs may be used for the full price or to discount your total. Spend LBs on:
Ancillary Course Registration
*Includes purchases of NLA products and services. Bucks may not be applied toward or earned for bookshelf purchases or transactions with the American Board of Clinical Lipidology, the Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology or any other independent organization. Lipid Bucks are not earned or redeemable for charitable contributions which includes Foundation Events and Tickets for same.
DISCLAIMER: By using the Lipid Bucks incentive system, you verify that you understand and agree to the following terms:
- LBs may only be redeemed online. It is not possible to track or process LB redemptions for manual transactions, registration or application via print or faxed applications.
- Your membership must be Active to earn LBs. Any transaction conducted while membership is in a state of Delinquency (dues unpaid after January 15 of any year) is ineligible to earn LBs. LBs cannot be assigned retroactively after a delayed renewal.
- Inactive members will lose LBs. Delinquent member accounts will not preserve LB balances after the membership becomes Inactive (dues unpaid after March 31 of any year). The LB balance for any un-renewed member will revert to zero (0) on April 1. Accounts become eligible to earn LBs again upon renewal; but previously earned lipid bucks cannot be restored.
- Transactions paid in part or in full with LBs are not eligible to earn additional LBs. For example: by redeeming one LB to discount a $400 meeting registration by $1, the remaining purchase price of $399 will not earn additional LBs.
- Transactions conducted offline (e.g. by mail, fax, or at a live meeting) are not eligible to earn LBs.
- LBs cannot be used to defray costs beyond the control of the NLA (e.g. shipping).
- You cannot redeem more LBs than necessary for a free purchase. If you attempt to redeem more LBs than necessary, your purchase will be discounted to $0.00 and the excess LBs will remain in your account.
- You may not redeem unearned LBs. Amounts entered that are greater than your available LB balance will not be applied.