Last Updated: Friday, 13-Nov-2020 20:30:00 EST
CAC Scoring to Guide Prevention of ASCVD
Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring to Guide Prevention of ASCVD
A Scientific Statement from the National Lipid Association
Carl E. Orringer, MD, FNLA, Michael J. Blaha, MD, MPH, Ron Blankstein, MD, Matthew J Budoff, MD, Ronald B. Goldberg, MD, FNLA, Edward A. Gill, MD, FNLA, Kevin C. Maki, PhD, CLS, FNLA, Laxmi Mehta, MD, FNLA, Terry A. Jacobson, MD, FNLA
- CAC scoring strongly informs ASCVD risk discrimination and reclassification.
- CAC scoring aids in ASCVD risk prediction, regardless of race, gender or ethnicity.
- CAC scoring aids the clinician to allocate statin therapy based on ASCVD risk.
- Very high CAC scores may inform decision-making about add-on therapies to statins.
- CAC scoring aids decision-making about aspirin and anti-hypertensive therapy.