Christiana Care Health System is searching for a BC/BE Clinical Cardiologist with interest in cardiovascular medicine.
Expertise in lipid management and/or genetic assessment/preventive medicine and management of cardiovascular disorders.
About the Position
- This position will service community needs in primary and secondary care of cardiovascular diseases and disorders.
- The population will include patients with complex lipid disorders and those with a suspect or known genetic basis for disease (complex congenital heart disease excluded).
- Working in the clinical and preventative space the successful physician will diagnose and manage cardiovascular diseases, offer preventive medicine services and support CCHS’s population health initiatives.
- This newly created position will receive ample administrative support, and build a collaborative working relationship with CCHS’s multidisciplinary pillars of patient care.
- At CCHS you will have the opportunity to partner with cardiology leadership to expand patient care and access along with best practices standards.
- The ability to partner with other providers to achieve population health goals is required.
About the Team
Christiana Care Cardiovascular Consultants is a large, progressive, hospital-based cardiology group that includes 25 cardiologists and 16 advanced practice clinicians. The section of Cardiology also includes diverse community based practices. The practice setting offers busy clinical practice, opportunities to participate in teaching of Cardiology Fellows and House staff, and engagement in clinical research. The Center for Heart and Vascular Health at Christiana Hospital saw 1,800 chest pain admissions and performed over 3,000 cardiac catheterizations, 1,400 PCIs, 1,600 EP procedures and 880 cardiac surgical procedures in fiscal year 2018. The Center also provides advanced heart failure services including placement and management of left-ventricular assist devices. Christiana Care Health System is affiliated with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University. In addition, the Center partners with Pennsylvania Hospital for cardiac transplantation and transplant medicine services.
About Christiana Care Health System
Christiana Care has earned continued Gold Seal of Approval™ by The Joint Commission for many years. As the largest healthcare provider in the state, Christiana Care Health System is committed to maintaining the highest standards of patient care while sustaining the well-being of its medical and dental staff members. In the past year, Christiana Care Health System received the AHA Gold award for heart failure, the AHA Platinum award for myocardial infarction care, the AACN Beacon Award for Excellence, and the Daisy Foundation Award for nursing excellence. Christiana Care Health System also operates a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Level 1 trauma center providing care for a large number of patients with high clinical acuity. The cardiovascular program offers reasonable call, favorable benefits, teaching opportunities, research opportunities, and patient diversity.
Christiana Care is one of the country’s largest and most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. Christiana Care includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, two hospitals (1,227 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women’s health. Christiana Care is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, Christiana Care is shaping the future of health care.
Job Application Portal