Travel Reimbursement Scholarship Program
National Lipid Association members may apply to receive a travel expense scholarships for NLA sponsored meetings and conferences. The purpose of this travel scholarship is to provide monetary travel assistance to a newer member to the organization to get the member more involved with the NLA. Scholarships will be reviewed and adjudicated by the Board or Directors of the applicant's regional chapter as provided below.
Maximum Award: Up to $1,000
- Must be active NLA member
- Must be active regional chapter member
- Must work in the field of Lipid Management and Treatment of Lipid Disorders
- Must be a member for less than 5 years.
- Scholarship recipients must stay for the duration of the conference for which they receive funding
- Completed application form
- Letter of request to include the desired meeting or conference for the scholarship
- Current CV/resume
- Letter of recommendation to include: (1) verification that applicant works or studies in the field of clinical lipidology, (2) relationship of referent to the applicant, and (3) referent’s opinion as to the potential of the applicant to make an impact in future work surrounding care and treatment of lipid disorders.
Receipt of Funds:
- Funds will be provided to the recipient at the meeting registration desk. If funds are requested due to hardship, arrangements may be made to provide funds prior to arrival at the meeting.
Application Review and Selection:
The appropriate regional chapter Board will review applications for the travel stipend on a rolling basis and decide by unanimous vote of the entire Board whether to fund the travel request. Travel scholarships may be awarded in any amount up the amount requested and will be based on available chapter funds.
Please submit all applications to Robert Talbert, Esq.,using the form provided below:
This page was last updated: Jul 07, 2016